Unfortunately, most men have a tough time admitting to themselves that they are losing their hair (even though 50% of males experience it!). In many cases, a lot of men leave it until it’s too late, even though they could have easily done something to keep it.
But don’t worry, if your hair has only gotten thinner, there’s plenty you can do to prevent full hair loss and slow it down. The good news is, that you can do many things yourself for a very low cost in the comfort of your own home.
What I’m talking about is combining topic minoxidil and a 1.5mm derma roller. Topical minoxidil can be bought at your local chemist (or online) and a derma roller is easily bought online… You should be able to find it with a quick google search.
For a fair percentage of people, this combination will do the trick. However, if after trying the Derma Roller & minoxidil, you aren’t getting the results you’re looking for, I have also included a few other treatments you could look into that we recommend. Some of these treatments have side effects and some with none at all!
Derma Roller & topical Minoxidil (cheap, effective and at home!).
Derma rolling creates micro-injuries to make the body produce growth factors that have been shown to promote hair regrowth. Derma rolling also helps absorb the topical minoxidil which works by widening the blood vessels, allowing more blood, oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicle.
Want some guidance on how to use the minoxidil with Derma Roller? Give us a call or shoot us an email… Jenna our director will be happy to help give you some guidance.
- Very low cost (great if on a budget!)
- Very effective in very early stages of male pattern hair loss & thinning or stress-related hair loss.
- treatment in the comfort of home.
- Topical minoxidil available at local chemist.
It is unlikely to experience side effects, however, a small number of people can experience one of the following:
- Scalp irritation
- Unwanted growth of facial hair
- Chest pain
- Faster heartbeat
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Rapid weight gain
- A light-headed feeling, like you might pass out
- Possible headache, dizziness, and/or confusion
- Flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling)
3 Simple Steps to Treat Hair Loss at Home
- Every night before bed apply 2ML topical minoxidil on scalp where there is hair loss or thinning.
- Briefly massage into scalp for 30-45 seconds.
- Perform short strokes for 1-2 minutes with the 1.5mm Derma Roller depending on the amount of hair loss or thinning.
Your Diet and Hair Regrowth
Hair loss and thinning occurs when you are sensitive to your own DHT. DHT binds onto hair follicles causing them to shrink. Over time these susceptible hair follicles start to become very thin and weak and eventually fall out.
When hair becomes thin and weak, nutrients are not able to be delivered to the hair follicle, unfortunately resulting in even more hair loss. As stated previously, minoxidil widens the blood vessels allowing more nutrients to be delivered to the thinning hair follicles. When more nutrients are delivered to the hair follicle, you can expect fuller, shinier and healthier looking hair.
A well-balanced diet for fuller hair should include:
- Protein (poultry, beef & fatty fish)
- Green vegetables (broccoli, spinach, leafy greens)
- Healthy fats (nuts, avocado, eggs)
- Fruit (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
3 Ways Copper Peptide (GHK2-Cu) 0.2% Can Regrow Hair
1. It has angiogenic properties, improving circulation at the capillary level. This is important for hair growth, as each follicle receives its blood and oxygen from a solitary capillary. As we get older, peripheral circulation in the capillaries can deteriorate, leading to hair loss on the scalp.
2. GHK-Cu improves circulation at this micro-level, enabling follicles to continue to grow hair normally. This molecule, as we have seen, has anti-inflammatory properties. As hair loss is often triggered by an autoimmune reaction, which causes inflammation, this damage can be repaired quickly with the presence of GHK-Cu.
3. GHK-Cu stimulates the production of another inhibitor protein, which prevents follicles from becoming gradually smaller.
- A powerful addition or substitute (if allergic) to minoxidil for hair loss.
- Side effects and allergies are very rare.
- Products potent in legitimate copper peptide (GHK2-Cu) can be considered costly.
PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy
PRP is a TGA approved (therapeutic goods administration) treatment that has been used to regrowth hair for 15 years. How it works is that a very small amount of your blood is spun in a centrifuge which separates the platelets.
These platelets, that are rich in growth factors that promote hair regrowth, are then reintroduced into the scalp via injections and Meso needling where there is hair loss and thinning. Growth factors are also able to ‘wake up’ dormant hair follicles, growing hair that was unable to grow through the scalp previously.
- Effective treatment for 98% of men experiencing hair loss and thinning
- Significant improvement within 3 months, with maximum results in 1 year
- 100% natural – No side effects!
- Very safe – minimally invasive
- Every 2 weeks to 1 month in-clinic treatment is required first 3 months.
- Can be considered costly.
Micro-needling (collagen induction therapy)
This treatment involves using a small device with 17 tiny needles that cause minor injuries to the scalp. These tiny wounds send signals to the body to release growth factors that are responsible for regenerating thicker, healthier hair.
- Moderately effective for men experiencing hair loss and thinning
- Moderate improvement within 3 months
- 100% natural – No side effects
- Very safe – minimally invasive
- Treatment is required every 2 to 4 weeks in-clinic for the first 3 months
- Can be considered expensive
Australian law prevents us from mentioning this prescription medication until you’ve spoken to a doctor. We encourage you to visit your local GP to talk about your hair loss concerns if you’re happy to consider medication. This is an effective treatment that blocks DHT (which is the main culprit for hair loss if you’re sensitive to your own DHT), however, please be aware this alternative can come with serious adverse side effects.
- Very effective. Works systematically by blocking the conversion of DHT
- May have long term irreversible side effects even after stopping usage.
- May have adverse side effects during usage.
If you’re experiencing male hair loss & thinning and you want to do something about it, you should seriously consider giving minoxidil and Derma Roller a shot. It’s cheap, effective and you can do it at home, without having to go through and strenuous procedures.
If that doesn’t work, it’s good to know that you have other options. If you have any questions relating to hair loss or any hair loss treatments, give us a call or send us an email and Jenna, our director, will be happy to help in any way she can.