How does it PRP hair loss treatment work?
- It involves tiny precision laid injections around stubborn areas (usually the frontal and crown), which are mostly painless, to be inserted intradermally (which can be the best layer of the scalp to stimulate follicle growth and thickness). These injections are combined with meso-needling the entire scalp.
- We are able to penetrate this layer which can stimulate the follicle growth. The Platelet Rich Plasma has growth factors and stem cell stimulating cells, which can rejuvenate the hair follicles and promote growth. The skin itself is not damaged but rather stimulated as well, giving a shiny appearance to the skin after treatment. The thickness of the follicle can also improve with stimulation by platelets and growth factors in the PRP. We have found from our clients the procedure can reinvigorate the hair cycle and attempt to grow new follicles whilst improving the thickness/strength of scalp hair.
Will I see results immediately?
- No. Results are not instantaneous but hair growth can usually start to become visible in about 4-6 weeks (case by case). Hair thickness and more hair follicles are usually the most prominent benefits. Growth factors can take a long time to stimulate the hair follicles completely. A minimum of 6 months is required to see the full potential benefits of this treatment.
What does the treatment involve?
- With a prescription medical-grade anaesthetic, your scalp will be numbed, and minimal discomfort will be caused by our PRP treatments.
- Our Cosmetic nurses will then skilfully place tiny injections into the stubborn areas (typically frontal and crown) scalp skin which can help the PRP reach the root of the hair follicles, this will be combined with microneedling on the entire scalp. A sample of your blood is taken first and then with a state of the art centrifuge process, the growth factor and platelet cells are extracted.
- After the treatment, the skin may appear shiny and flushed. This is a normal phenomenon and takes approximately 4-6 hours to resolve. With the minimal downtime of PRP hair loss therapy, the skin will return to normal within 24 hours.
- Treatment is usually performed every 2 to 3 weeks for approximately 6 to 12 times to help achieve optimum results. A top-up treatment may be required every 3-6 months.
- Results can become more visible after 6 months only as the hair follicles can take time to repair and strengthen. Gradual improvement can follow for the coming months over the rest of the 12-18 month treatment program.
How long do the effects of PRP treatment last?
- The results of PRP treatment are usually most noticeable after 4-6 months. Most patients usually require touch-up injections once every 3-6 months.